I’m not one for being defeated and like conquering setbacks as quickly as I can. The most recent example is my initial recording of the Souls of Astraeus audiobook. I had taken a few weeks to record, (and re-record), my book, to finally arrive at a finished product, only to discover after trying to overcome it via engineering, that it just wasn’t as high a quality product that I wanted it to be.
So, I had to take some time to figure out how I wanted to proceed. First, I realized that the recording was too noisy. The microphone I had initially used was crappy, and the computer I was using to run my recording software from was in the room and too loud. The room I was doing the recording in was great though. I had previously bought a bunch of acoustic treatments and made the room perfect for recording. There were a few different routes I could take in terms of making the recording quieter, but I ended up on running a few cables out of the room so that I could get my computer case out of the room. I also paid to get a much high quality microphone.